What to Do After an Earthquake ?
- If any damage is suspected, turn the system off from the main valve or, switch.
- Clean up household chemical spills, toxic and flammable materials to avoid any chain of unwanted events.
- Gather information and necessary instructions from battery operated radios.
- Obey Public safety precautions.
- Leave a message stating where you are going if you must evacuate your residence.
- Take your earthquake survival kit with you.
- It should contain all necessary items for your protection and comfort.
- Check your water and electrical lines for defects.
- Do not fill the overhead tank completely.
- Do not carry out haphazard repairs.
- Repairs should be done only under the supervision of a structural engineer.
- Do not put additional supports without the guidance of an experienced/qualified structural engineer.
- Do not use the lift until it has been checked and certified by thelift company.
Cached at 16/05/2022 23:32:33